Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Story


Patrick Smith  and I met in Cultural Anthropology class the first week of school in August 2006. He was wearing a sailing shirt and since moving from Florida haven't seen any sailors, I felt the excitement of meeting someone from my neck of the woods. But to my dismay, he started to argue with me, stating it was a Fisher's shirt. That is how our friendship started. We became good friends for a year, when I decided to answer the call to go to the convent to see how God wanted to use me in this world. After returning a year later to Franciscan University to finish schooling, we immediately started hanging out and became best friends. After that, we started dating. (he later told me that he had liked me the entire time, when he claimed to want to "only" be friends and that he had waited for me, not dating anyone else and not even knowing if I would be his one day). 

We then, let the Lord lead us to how and where He wanted us. I graduated in May 2009 and moved to Tampa and Jacksonville to pursue a job, where we pursued a long distance relationship and then he proposed in November 2009. We decided there was no one else we wanted to be spend our lives with, and so, on September 18th, 2010, we got married in my hometown in St. Petersburg, Florida. 

We now live in Columbus, Ohio where God has blessed us with two wonderful jobs and we just found out we are having a beautiful baby in June 2011. We were both new to FUS in that fall of 2006, we both were from Florida but never had met, we both came knowing no one and we were able to come away with a best friend and a love that will last a lifetime. 

All of God's love and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment